I haven’t put a blog post up in so long, for many different reasons. And then I kind of just lost the want right blog, and I didn’t want to push it, I’m not sure what my blogging in 2021 will be like, but I wanted to start with my top ten books of last year, I managed to read 48 books, all of which I really enjoyed because I DNF’d quite a few that I wasn’t, I wanted to make sure that I was only reading books that I loved and wanted to give my time to, I think I’ll definitely be doing the same in 2021. Most of the books, if not all were either romance or thrillers, my two favourite genres.
So in no particular order here’s my top ten reads:
1. The Wrong Family by Tarryn Fisher (psychological thriller)
2. Layla by Colleen Hoover (paranormal romance)
3. The Girl In The Love Song by Emma Scott (contemporary romance)
4. Bright Side by Kim Holden (new adult romance)
5. Bad Things by R.k Lilley (adult romance)
6. Allegedly by Tiffany D Jackson (YA thriller/mystery)
7. The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware (thriller/mystery)
8. The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren (adult contemporary romance)
9. The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris (historical fiction)
10. Heart Bones by Colleen Hoover (contemporary romance)
This was so hard to pick only 10, there was so many good contenders but I tried to pick my ten stand outs that I still remember in a lot of detail now, I’ve included the genre too, incase you’re looking for something new to pick up this year.
What were your stand out books this year? How many did you manage to read? And what’s your first book of 2021 going to be? I think mine is going to be Twice in a Blue Moon by Christina Lauren!