Anyone find themselves in and out of reading slumps? For the past few months I feel like I’ve been in more reading slumps yah I’ve ever been! I thought I’d share some ways that I’d found to get myself out of them, I’m sure these are similar to many of you!
1. Don’t just focus on your TBR, I used to create an ‘immediate TBR pile’ that I would try to get through in the certain order I’d pick out, but I think this ends of frustrating me because I feel restricted sometimes then. So now I don’t set out a particular TBR, I just pick up a book I feel like reading at the time.
2. Change up the genre, I don’t read much outside of my preferred genres, but sometimes I’m not in the mood at all for romance, so I’ll pick out a thriller then, I always try to switch it up all the time.
3. Try reading on kindle or even listening to an audiobook if you can’t focus on a book, I think sometimes I read kindle books so much faster than I do physical copies, I don’t know why but it’s something I’ve noticed, and with audiobooks I find them really good to just have on in the background when I’m doing other tasks, and I can really fly through these too!
4. Re-read your favourites, I don’t do this very often, but sometimes I’ll even pick up a favourite book and just read a chapter or two of that, I usually find that helps me.
5. Just take a break, don’t stress yourself out. If you don’t feel like reading, don’t. Sometimes it can almost feel like a chord, trying to meet your yearly reading goal or beat your TBR, but that can take the fun and love of reading out of it, so simply taking a break for however long you need us okay!