It’s safe to say I didn’t read very much in my teenage years (14/15/16/17), which is so many wasted years, imagine all the books I could have devoured back then!
- I did however read the Twilight Saga, it was the first book series I’d ever read and the longest books I’d read at that time, it kept me hooked and I got through them very quickly, I don’t know why I didn’t pick up other books at that time! I still stand by the Twilight saga, even though it is a bit far fetched and cheesy I still love it! The books are definitely way better than the movies!
- Around that time I also watched a Movie called Tomorrow When The War Began, i mainly watched it because I really fancied one of the actors in it, Lincoln Lewis, and watched anything he was in (I still do!). It was a great movie but it ended on a huge cliffhanger, so of course I was dying for the next one, it was about a year later that I discovered they weren’t making anymore, so I looked up to see if I could find out what happened, and that’s when I realised it was a book series. The series was written by James Marsden, there were 8 books, I bought them all and dived in, I will admit that I did get bored by about book 5 or 6, but I continued reading and got to the end, (probably skimming a bit) I was just glad to find out what happened after the first one. I think they’re actually making a TV series now, I would recommend reading or watching this series, it’s brilliant!
- The Great Gatsby was recommended to me by a school teacher (I think), I decided to give it a go and I was really surprised to read the whole thing and actually really like it.
- One of the novels we studied for English was Of Mice and Men, I really liked it, my coursework got me an A in English, it was quite a sad
story, but I loved studying, I’m glad we got that book!
- I read quite a lot of fan fiction when I was in my teens, rather than actual books, which I suppose was great because technically I was still reading! I fell in love with After by Anna Todd when she was publishing on Wattpad, I think I was about 17/18 when I first started reading, and I have loved it ever since!
What books do you remember reading in your teens? Where any of the books you studied in school any good?